Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 11:56 pm :

Went to Wang Jie's concert over the weekend. Fantastic! I realised that I really like him quite a lot. Then it got me to question where did my love for him came from. He wasn't from my generation but somehow I liked him enough to go watch his concert.

The audience was not a super old one. However, they were pretty spontaneous and they were so excited to see him! There were so many who rushed to front of the stage when he started on his second song. I don't see such enthusiaism even for Jay Chou. But having said that, this is also the first concert that I'd been to that the audience keeps walking here and there. It seems that they are strolling around, going to the toilet and having a hell of a relaxed time by walking around when the concert is on-going. It's so weird!

The concert was a no-frills one. He sang straight from 8pm to 11pm, no fake encore segments and no costume changes. Dressed in jeans and white singlet with a jacket over it, crooned to his heart's content and shared many of his own stories.

His songs are so melancholic and so sad. It seems that he had a hard life. Well, I wouldn't know since I don't really follow his personal life. Don't even know the name of his ex-wife. In fact, I don't even remember that he was once married. Yeah, that was how much I knew about him. But seriously, who cares if he is married or not or whatever, it is all about his music and how he presents the music to us. Well, I like his music and that is good enough for me.

I feel that he comes across as very real and straightforward. Albeit a little pessimistic, he doesn't mince his words or avoid issues. So when he says that this is going to be his last concert and his last album will be released in March 2011, and he would disappear after that, I really believe him. I guess now it really is a test of my faith in him. Let's see if he sticks to his word. Not that I would be extremely happy if he really just disappeared but after all the alleged claims of leaving the industry and appearing again after a few years, it would be pretty refreshing to have someone actually sticking to what he had said.

Labels: ,



eaten by ^j|eQi^ Remember Me

GO HOME

understand me


JieQi.19MAY86.

Books.Mayday.KTV.Mahjong.Music.

idealistic cynic.

disappointed optimist.

social loner

babytaz_19@hotmail.com

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

i am your worst nightmare and your best friend


go bug others

layhoon
sister
Regina
xinyi
mayanne
huilin
jiaming
chongwei
baoru
sunny
pearlin
meng
titus
christian
kutu
peiru
weeinn
wisely
wugui
rizuan
nicole


closeted - ANTM

ANTM
Cycle 11 Spoilers
FourFour
TVgasm
Television without Pity
All-ANTM
Modelville


food food food

A Gourmet Doctor - ieatishootipost
Eat Eaten Ate
Part-time ice cream hawker
Gourmet Food Travellers
Keropok Man


rewind

talk to me




ADS


Free Blog Counter



credits

Designer: Kookies
Coding references are from: Le. Romantique & Daybeforemisery(yarlythestarfish)
Brushes from: Aethereality
Textures from: Hybird Genesis
Template edited by: qi
Big thanks to DANGO DAIKAZOKU!