Friday, April 09, 2010, 2:59 pm :

We had lunch at Pizza Hut today and nearing the end of the meal, I suddenly realised the problem of service in Singapore. At least in the F & B industry.

They have not much problem with the basic service standards like smiling and getting your order right, at least most of them. But their problem is their clueless-ness.

They have probably no idea of proper dining etiquette.

They do not understand that when I place my soup spoon on the soup platter (like in the photo), it means that I'm done with the soup.

They do not understand that when I place my utensils together in the middle of the plate (like in the photo), it means that I'm done with my food and please clear my plate! Ok, to be fair, clearing of plate is quite subjective so I shall not touch on that.

But then as service staff in the F & B industry, you should at least have some basic knowledge of dining etiquette right? If not, no matter how much you smile, how much you offer your best service to the customers, something will always be missing and in this case, ignorance is not an excuse!

*Photo credits to 'Etiquette with Miss Janice'

Labels: , , ,



eaten by ^j|eQi^ Remember Me

GO HOME

understand me


JieQi.19MAY86.

Books.Mayday.KTV.Mahjong.Music.

idealistic cynic.

disappointed optimist.

social loner

babytaz_19@hotmail.com

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

i am your worst nightmare and your best friend


go bug others

layhoon
sister
Regina
xinyi
mayanne
huilin
jiaming
chongwei
baoru
sunny
pearlin
meng
titus
christian
kutu
peiru
weeinn
wisely
wugui
rizuan
nicole


closeted - ANTM

ANTM
Cycle 11 Spoilers
FourFour
TVgasm
Television without Pity
All-ANTM
Modelville


food food food

A Gourmet Doctor - ieatishootipost
Eat Eaten Ate
Part-time ice cream hawker
Gourmet Food Travellers
Keropok Man


rewind

talk to me




ADS


Free Blog Counter



credits

Designer: Kookies
Coding references are from: Le. Romantique & Daybeforemisery(yarlythestarfish)
Brushes from: Aethereality
Textures from: Hybird Genesis
Template edited by: qi
Big thanks to DANGO DAIKAZOKU!