Friday, April 23, 2010, 11:51 am :

Skinny/Fat/Tall Presidents

I hate Blogger! I just typed an entire post and it was gone!

It refused to publish the post by claiming that my URL contains illegal characters. Like seriously? Does it mean the URL has characters that committed some crime or are illegal immigrants or something?

Ok, I know it's obviously not the case that I've put forward above but hey, allow me some rambling space and time. It's irritating to have an entire post lost just because of some illegal thingy.

Anyway, I'm going to try to regain my thoughts and reconstruct as much as I can remember from the lost post.

So, I stumbled across an article written in 2008 from The Wall Street Journal, about the US Presidency election.

It was sort of discussing the chances of Obama in the election, relating it to his healthy lifestyle and skinniness.

"...in a nation in which 66% of the voting-age population is overweight and 32% is obese, could Sen. Obama's skinniness be a liability?"

Seriously! Is it really cause for concern if he is skinny or fat? How does that impact the way he does things and perform his duties?

Of course, now that everything has passed, we can safely say that his skinniness did not impede his chances of winning the election.

I mean I understand that people want their leader(s) to be someone whom they can relate to and whenever they see him/her, they can say "hey, I think he/she is just like me!" But having someone who feels like he/she can relate to you does not necessarily equate to capability.

I'm not saying that fat not-skinny people are not capable. I'm fat myself but I don't think it is of any direct relation to my capabilities.

"These days he (Obama) stays away from junk food and instead snacks on MET-Rx chocolate roasted-peanut protein bars and drinks Black Forest Berry Honest Tea, a healthy organic brew. (Sen. McCain is said to have a weakness for Butterfinger candy bars, jelly beans, and coffee and doughnuts from Dunkin' Donuts.)"

But what I can have in consolation is that the US society will most probably welcome me with open arms. Look, I have a soft spot for all things that walk or fly (at least most of it), and I usually intensely dislike things that are green or are sprouting from the ground or hanging off trees.

I may probably one day be able to make it for the US election but will definitely not make it for the SG one. Height is the precedence. Fat or skinny, that I can control. Height-wise, not much I could do, unless I break my bones to allow them to grow back and cross my fingers and hope that they grow better. *ouch*

Quotes from The Wall Street Journal

Labels: , , ,



eaten by ^j|eQi^ Remember Me

GO HOME

understand me


JieQi.19MAY86.

Books.Mayday.KTV.Mahjong.Music.

idealistic cynic.

disappointed optimist.

social loner

babytaz_19@hotmail.com

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

i am your worst nightmare and your best friend


go bug others

layhoon
sister
Regina
xinyi
mayanne
huilin
jiaming
chongwei
baoru
sunny
pearlin
meng
titus
christian
kutu
peiru
weeinn
wisely
wugui
rizuan
nicole


closeted - ANTM

ANTM
Cycle 11 Spoilers
FourFour
TVgasm
Television without Pity
All-ANTM
Modelville


food food food

A Gourmet Doctor - ieatishootipost
Eat Eaten Ate
Part-time ice cream hawker
Gourmet Food Travellers
Keropok Man


rewind

talk to me




ADS


Free Blog Counter



credits

Designer: Kookies
Coding references are from: Le. Romantique & Daybeforemisery(yarlythestarfish)
Brushes from: Aethereality
Textures from: Hybird Genesis
Template edited by: qi
Big thanks to DANGO DAIKAZOKU!